I was sitting in the doctor’s office this week. I looked down and saw across the top of a magazine “Your 10 Step Fertility Action Plan”. I knew it was pointless, but I opened it anyway. So, here’s some fertility advice ladies:
1. Give up vices. (caffeine, tobacco, etc.)
2. Get your home ready.
3. Exercise.
4. Go organic.
5. Eat good fats…
So the list went on, but I stopped reading. Really? These will solve your fertility problems? They are good, healthy lifestyle changes, but fertility solutions they are not. Maybe it is just to empower those ladies who have been trying to get pregnant for 2-3 months with no success. Either way, had I written a 10 Step Fertility Action Plan this is what it would say:
1. Save up $12K. (our total EA cost)
2. Locate and select EA program.
3. Complete home study.
4. Lose weight. (to offset fertility drug weight gain)
5. HSG
6. Practice abdominal injections. (lupron)
7. Become friendly with the u/s “wand”.
8. Insert the pill where? (estrace)
9. FET
10. Practice intramuscular injections. (progesterone)
But I guess this wouldn’t make for a good magazine article…
3 comments:
LOL for real. Did the kist say "relax" anywhere? ;)
*list
Love this post!!!! So very much agreed.
Post a Comment