One year ago today, Leland was transferred into my womb. He was one of five embryos frozen in 2002. All five embryos were unfrozen, but only three survived the thaw and were transferred. We are so thankful that God blessed us with Leland. I am in awe of God’s plan for my life. To know from the beginning of time God picked Leland to be my son. Simply amazing.
In honor of this wonderful milestone I thought I would share our special song I sing to Leland. I wrote him this song when he was a few weeks old. It has the same tune and shares some words with a song I sung during college:
"I Prayed For You – Leland’s Song"
I prayed for you
Even then I believe I knew
The joys I’d share with my Leland
His whole life through
You came to me
Open arms were waiting for you
And each day I happily say
I prayed for you
This is also one year from when Aaron and Jennifer where blessed with the transfer of their twins. (We were at the NEDC the same day). And, today is also the transfer day for Kristine if you’d like to stop by her blog and share some well wishes.

2 comments:
Happy transfer day! What blessings we now have!
It always brings tears to my eyes when I see pictures of tiny embryos and then pictures of them with their families! What an amazing thing God has done!
Thank you so much for your prayers for us, and Lord willing, I will be joining you and Jennifer in celebrating "Transfer Day" next year! You have been such a sweet encouragement to me - THANK YOU!
Post a Comment