Last week marked twenty-one months for Leland. I am constantly in awe of how quickly he is growing, changing and learning.
 |
| APRIL 2012 |
 |
| APRIL 2013 |
We have seen huge leaps in communication this month. He is using verbs now on a regular basis and in short sentences. He has also started to use some "feeling" words. On Easter we were eating with plastic silverware when a piece of the fork broke off in his mouth. He got very upset and I had to help him get it out of his mouth. After it was out of his month he proclaimed through his tears, "that was scary"!
 |
| Mommy & Me Art Class |
Leland has started singing on his own. He has always loved music - both singing and dancing - but now the song he is singing is recognizable. His favorite songs to sing are the Alphabet Song, the Clean Up Song, and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. He loves to play with his glow worm and always seems impressed that I know the words to the song she is playing.
 |
| My BIG Boy! |
Leland’s sleep habits have made a shift this month. He is now going to bed about 7:30-8 pm (about 30 minutes later than before). The wonderful result of this natural shift is that he usually doesn’t wake up most mornings until after 5am to nurse - then he is usually back to bed until 6:30-7:30 am. Although it is not technically sleeping though the night, I’ll take it! He is still nursing 3-6 times per day depending on the day. And he has made excellent progress with self feeding now feeding himself foods like yogurt and applesauce.
 |
| Sleeping :) |
As for growth...I don’t have a current height or weight (I really should measure him). The four molars he has been working on for the past month or so are all the way in. He is wearing a mix of 18 months - 2T sizes. I just pulled out his newest pair of shoes - a size 6 ½.
 |
| Trampoline Fun! |
Leland’s favorite toys are books, puzzles, balls, and any toy he can push (lawnmower, shopping cart, etc.) He recently discovered bubbles and loves them. Nana taught him how to blow his own bubbles and he is hooked. He is loving the warmer weather and wants to be outside all the time.
 |
| Easter Egg Hunt |
No comments:
Post a Comment