Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Clapping…and a love bite

Leland clapped today for the first time. We were playing on the floor at lunch at the daycare. I was singing Patty-Cake and clapping and all of a sudden he stated clapping with me. I went nuts with excitement. It was just so cute.

In news of other first, Leland has his first bite last week. One of the girls in his class bit him. It really was not that bad. It did not have the classing bite circle. It was just a tiny red spot. The daycare sends home an incident report telling you it happened, but not who did it. And if your child bites someone that send home a report that it happened, but not who your child bit. Well, Hadley’s mama was determined to find out who she bit and asked everyone until I admitted that Leland had been bit that day. Honestly, I think it was just a love bite. They play together a lot. I’ve seen Leland give her a kiss and I think she may have just been kissing him back when the kissing turned to teething. She’s a sweet little girl. When I visit with Leland at lunch she is always thrilled to see me. On the floor she climbs into my lap and hugs on me. And today as I left after lunch with Leland playing happily on the floor, she toddled after me to the door in tears. I tell her all the time that “we’re BFF”. So…it this Leland’s first girlfriend?

No comments: