Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Favorite Things


Since Leland was born, and I stared blogging, I have wanted to find the time to do a favorite baby things post. Some of my fellow bloggers have recently done similar posts and I have found some neat items on their list that I now want. So here is my list: 

Boppy Nursing Pillow
At first I hated it. He was so little that the Boppy pillow did not support him high enough to get up to my breast. Also with the still expanded waistline postpartum it did not really fit around me well. But over time I have come to love it. It allows him to nurse while I read or look at the iPad. It really saves my arms a lot of work. It has also been good as he is learning to sit on his own.

Boppy Pregnancy Wedge Pillow
This was a lifesaver for supporting my belly while pregnant and it is still great for supporting my back while I sleep at night. It has also been used to position Leland while nursing. I even slipped it under the top his bassinet mattress to create a incline in the bassinet for sleeping. Best $15 spent on a pregnancy item!

WubbaNub Frog Pacifier 
This is the best pacifier ever. Leland loves to play with and suck on the frog just as much as the actual pacifier. Also, before he had the motor skills to hold onto the pacifier he could grasp the frog and prevent the pacifier from falling. Finally, looking for a lost frog is much easier than looking for a lost pacifier.
Nuk Bottles
I first tried the Avent bottles. Almost immediately I noticed Leland was latching to my breast diffidently and I panicked. My mom picked up a Nuk bottle for Leland to try and it was amazing. The shape of the nipple is great for breastfeeding and keeps airflow to a minimum. Best of all they are cheap - about $20 for 6 bottles!



Gentile Giraffe On-The-Go
This has been a lifesaver in the car. It is strapped to the car seat and the soothing sounds help him sleep during our morning and afternoon commute. We have the on-the-go model, but it is still rather large.


First Years Safe and Secure Co-Sleeper
When Leland was first born he would not sleep without touching us. I had this crazy idea that we would take him home from the hospital (where we had been doing days of skin-to-skin bonding), place him in the bassinet, and he would drift off to sleep. Ha, ha. We spent the first two nights home holding him in shifts, letting him sleep on our chests. I quickly bought this co-sleeper, placed it in the middle of our king bed (with several safety precautions taken) and we would sleep with our hand resting on his chest. It also make for a nice transition into the bassinet when we move him out of our bed. We are still using the handy night light that came with the sleeper. 

Jeep Snap N Go Stoller
We skipped the car seat travel system and just bought this. We got a great deal on this on clearance for only $38. It has been great with the infant carrier. We love the large cargo area. It folds easily and the wheels are great.



Maclaren Baby Carrier
This was a hand-me-down item. I originally used the Moby Wrap, which was great when he was not yet holding his head up and slept most of the time. Now, we love, love, love this carrier. We used it at Disney, and we often use it for shopping.

Inglesina Hook On High Chair
This comes everywhere with us. Now that he has stared eating solids, we use this at friends and family homes, as well as at restaurants. Even if he is not eating, while we are out at a restaurant he can sit in it and play. It folds flat for transport and it has a travel bag that is attached and tucks in a pocket when the seat is in use. We had purchased a cheaper brand, but exchanged it for this one and we couldn't be happier.

Medela Pump In Style Tote
It goes everywhere with me - need I say more?


Nosefrida
Best shot sucker ever. You put one end in the nostril, the other end in your mouth, and suck. A little gross, but it does a great job.


Boon Drying Rack
I love this so much that I have two - one at home and one at work. I use the one at work for my pump parts. 



I am sure there are a few things missing, but these are the most indispensable items!





3 comments:

Margaux said...

I NEED to get one of those Nosefridas before little D gets another cold. When he was sick in December I felt so helpless and he wouldn't let us put that nose sucker thing near him! And I really like the idea of a travel highchair. Our families live far away so we are usually taking his larger high chair with us (It's portable, one of the kinds that straps on a regular chair) but it takes up a lot more space than something like you have.

Em said...

I have loved these favorite things posts, too. I am working on mine to post soon, hopefully. Thanks for sharing!

Anna said...

I have the same drying rack and Nosefrida. Love them both!! We are needing one of those hook on chairs ASAP because we're going to the beach for Spring Break in 4 weeks. How much was this one? I looked at the Chicco brand but it seems so big!