There is so much I want to write and say - both to update you / document and to process things. I really wanted to document more of the NICU time, but it was really hard emotionally. I will however get around to writing about the battle of busting them out of the NICU.
For now, a few updates:
For now, a few updates:
- We had newborn photos done last week. Here are a few.
- Girls are growing great. I weighed them last night (@1 month & 6days). Charlotte is 6lbs 2oz. Elizabeth is 6lbs 9oz.
- Nursing has it's ups and downs. The huge positive is that I am producing enough milk. On the difficult side is that they both have poor latches and are damaging my nipples. It hurts - A LOT! I've had a private lactation consultant come out. She was a huge help, though we still gave a long way to go until they are actually latching without so much help and continually nursing without me needing to re-latch them to prevent damage.
- My mom went under contract on a house near me (I live in my home town) and her house in Florida is on the market. It's only a matter of time before moves here!!!
- I've been recovering well. Amazingly, I return to my prepregancy weight as of last week. I lost 50 pounds in a month! Considering it took me 10 months with Leland to loose the weight I am in shock. It may be the nursing twins and that I am rather hyperthyroid at the moment (though we just adjusted my dose).
- Having my girls adds a new level to missing my dad. Still processing this though. Hmm.
- Bonding has been it's own challenge. I know bonding isn't always instant and I'm working through how I feel on this. I'm not sure if it's the twin thing, NICU time, the worries surrounding the treated NAIT pregnancy (IVIG), or that I've needed so much help that I don't have as much alone time with them. Any advice, encouragement, experience you have with this would help me a lot right now.
- Finally - we finally figured out why I gave been having severe shoulder pain since right after my c section. I have a 13mm gallstone. And thus ... I'm having surgery tomorrow morning to have my gallbladder removed. Because I don't have enough else going on right now. Please keep me in your prayers.





7 comments:
My husband had his gallbladder out in December and feels 110% better. He had an easy recovery, too. I hope it will go smoothly. I also hope you can continue to adjust especially with the bonding and nursing. I'm sure you're doing great with them but it can't be easy.
Congrats on bringing your beautiful girls home! And on your mom for the new house!
I don't kj
Oops! I don't know if you remember, but I had my gallbladder out when C was 8 weeks old. I definitely needed help around the house for the first few days, but by the end of the week I was back to normal. Take Gas-X afterward instead of painkillers, because most of the pain is due to the air they pump into your abdominal cavity.
I wish so much I could come help you! Do you have anyone bringing you meals? -Kj
Your newborn pictures turned out beautifully! How are you feeling now, post surgery? Is this a single night stay or outpatient?
I had issues with bonding with my twins. I was just so darn exhausted in the beginning that I functioned purely out of utility. I mothered because they needed me. The love grew eventually. I too had issues nursing - major pain issues with my son. I ended up wearing a nipple shield on whatever side he was one for the first several months.
You are in my prayers!
Oh goodness! You've got a lot on your plate! Prayers :)
I love the newborn pics!
I think this was posted over a week ago and I'm sorry I didn't know about your surgery. I do hope you are able to update soon and let us know how you are. I had my gall bladder out, best thing I've ever done for myself, but my healing from that (even though it was laparoscopic) was worse than from both of my c-sections. I hope you are OK and feeling better.
Your twins are perfection. I love love love how different they are from each other, how much hair they have, and how bonded to each other they are.
Keep an eye out for PPD. I didn't and went 9 mos without a diagnosis. Bonding was ROUGH. I eventually took Prozac which was my lifeline!
Post a Comment