Some days it feels like we'll never sleep again. The girls continue to eat every three hours. The positive is that they are growing great!
Elizabeth is now 7lbs 3oz and Charlotte is now 7lbs 7oz (she has taken the lead!)
I'm healing okay for the Gallbladder surgery. The first few days were horrible - far worse than a c section as some of you indicated was your experience too. The worst part though - the shoulder pain isn't gone; so it apparently wasn't an issue with my gallbladder!!! I am now off to the orthopedic and physical therapy. And a horribly painful sounding treatment of dry needling (poking my muscle reputedly with needles in hopes of relaxing it and easing the pain).
Please pray for healing and pain relief. Not only is it hard to have so much pain when I am in constant demand for the girls and really unable to rest, but when I am in a lot of pain I find that it affects my milk supply.
Also in regards to pain and milk supply - my left nipple is split open wide. It hurts a lot!!! I've been airing it out, using lanolin, and hydrogel pads. Any other advice???
Elizabeth is now 7lbs 3oz and Charlotte is now 7lbs 7oz (she has taken the lead!)
I'm healing okay for the Gallbladder surgery. The first few days were horrible - far worse than a c section as some of you indicated was your experience too. The worst part though - the shoulder pain isn't gone; so it apparently wasn't an issue with my gallbladder!!! I am now off to the orthopedic and physical therapy. And a horribly painful sounding treatment of dry needling (poking my muscle reputedly with needles in hopes of relaxing it and easing the pain).
Please pray for healing and pain relief. Not only is it hard to have so much pain when I am in constant demand for the girls and really unable to rest, but when I am in a lot of pain I find that it affects my milk supply.
Also in regards to pain and milk supply - my left nipple is split open wide. It hurts a lot!!! I've been airing it out, using lanolin, and hydrogel pads. Any other advice???
![]() |
| Charlotte |
![]() |
| Elizabeth |


4 comments:
Sorry the surgery didn't help as expected. You're doing such a great job with the girls. They're growing so well!!
I am sorry that your surgery didn't help the pain. Not sure, but I had horrible shoulder pain for months after my c-section. In fact it just started going away within the past few weeks. I wonder if it has something to do with the surgery?
Girls are so beautiful!
That all sounds soooo hard! I don't know what to tell you, except that it will be short-lived and in a few weeks, you'll have more energy, less nipple pain and hopefully less shoulder pain. Unfortunately, I think the memories of these tough times can really form an impression on us.
The girls really are beautiful, and I'm glad they're growing so well. I hope that gives you some comfort.
Contact la leche league for help with the breastfeeding.
Post a Comment