Saturday, October 12, 2013

Blessed

Last week I shared our budget for our second EA (embryo adoption). Bottom line we need about $10,000. We've been saving a little each month from the small income we get from renting our old house. So far we have about $1000 or so from that.

I also have the option at work to bill (work) extra hours each month and earn quarterly bonuses. My goal for the second two quarters of this year (July - Dec) is to bill 15-20 extra hours each month which will bring in about $1500 to put towards our EA.

Yet even with these two plans in place I've been overwhelmed with the prospect of saving / raising that much money. Then last week God reminded me how powerful he is and how insignificant money is when He's in control. I stand in awe. In just 48 hours $2100 just appeared....

1. I had appealed our property value with the county tax accessor's office and was on the eve of having to go for a hearing on it. I called one last time trying to avoid the hearing and they agreed to drop the value from $111K to $79K which will result in a partial refund of our property taxes.

2. I opened the mail that evening to find a check from our mortgage company - they had recalculated our escrow account and issued us a check for the excess funds.

3. At work the next day there was an envelope with a check in it from my boss. The memo line read "bonus". When I thanked my boss (and questioned him about it) he said there was an account that he was wanting to close out so he just wrote bonus checks to clear the account.

$2100 in less than 48 hours! And we are now almost half way to our goal. God is faithful. We are blessed.

5 comments:

Aaron and Jennifer said...

Wow! God is so good!

Deborah said...

That's wonderful news! It's just like you always tell me, that money comes in the mail.

Ashley said...

That's awesome!

Room for More said...

Thank you for sharing this! I love to see the Lord work in y'all's lives! So exciting to see the next steps! This time last year, we were gearing up to make loaves and loaves of pumpkin bread. The Lord blessed us abundantly through those simple loaves of pumpkin bread!

Milagro Adoption said...

Love this story-this IS how you KNOW it's God's timing & provision!
Remember our story if getting EXACTLY the amount we needed...that's how we knew we were on the right "type" of adoption path. :)
Hugs-love ya lady-excited!