Once the sticker shock wore off regarding the home study fees with Bethany Christian Services, I called Debbie at the National Fertility Support Center. Debbie is absolutely wonderful. She walked us though our first embryo adoption in 2010 and I was so excited to call her and share the news that we were planning on returning to the NEDC for a second embryo adoption.
After a lot of catching up, I finally asked about the costs. What I learned was pleasantly surprising. Our fees will only be:
$1600 Open Donation Fee (Includes matches with 2 donor families)
After a lot of catching up, I finally asked about the costs. What I learned was pleasantly surprising. Our fees will only be:
$1600 Open Donation Fee (Includes matches with 2 donor families)
AND
$150 Home Study Review Fee
This is much better than I expected. I also learned that if we needed more than two matches or if we returned for a third embryo adoption, the open donation fee would only be $900. These fees are about half the cost as those going for their first EA, which I believe to be $3000 for the open donation fee and $300 for the home study review.
With this information added to the budget, we were up to $3400 total in fees. And, having called Bethany and having called Debbie, the only thing left was to call the NEDC...
6 comments:
This is exciting! It is a lot of money, but it sounds manageable, at least. Good luck with the process.
Does that only apply if you are going back or a sibling? Woth debbie?
Praying for you!
Wow, that's great! Happy to know that the cost will keep going down if we have to go back in the future. The ODA was $2,700 for the first time and HS review was $300. And we love Debbie too!
Exciting that you are starting on EA #2!
Woo hoo! Great news!
We absolutely loved working with Debbie too! I still keep in touch with her just because she is such a joy to talk to. Praying for you as you move forward!
Post a Comment