Friday, September 13, 2013

Lately

Life has been busy. Leland has settled back into school. Robert is setteling into his new role at work (he was promoted over the summer). I have found that as Leland is getting older I have more ability to get involved outside the home. I have recentlly accepted the position as MPO (like the PTO) President at Leland's school. I am volunteering with the middle school youth at our church. I am also finding time - some months - to attend a social event with my sorority alumnae association.

In addition to all of this, we have been having lots of fun. We spent last weekend visiting the inlaws to celebrate our nephew's first birthday. We got a special visit from Uncle Daniel with the Ambulance he drives.

Sliding with Cousin Trevor
Uncle Daniel


Uncle Daniel's Ambulance

The weekend before last, we went into downtown Atlanta for Dragon Con. Feel free to make fun of me and my geekiness. At the last minute I decided we should all dress up. It was crowded but we had a great time watching the parade, making hand pupets with the Atlanta Pupetry Arts, making a robotic hand with NASA scientists, and seeing a few celebrities. Leland also discovered PB&J sandwhiches, which he loves.

Dragon Con Parade

Batman, Batgirl & Robin!
The other big news is that Leland moved to a big boy, toddler bed. The first morning he woke up after we had made the change, Leland said, "daddy took my bed in half". It was hard for me to keep a straight face. He is doing great in his bed!


And finally, I actually do have some updates on our progress with our second EA, but I will post about that very soon. Prayers for all of you who have just transfered your little ones and for those who will in the next week or so!

4 comments:

Caroline @ In Due Time said...

cute family!

Room for More said...

Loved the update!

Malia said...

Prayers for your next EA! Leland is such a cutie :)

Baby On Mind said...

Love that you guys are geeky enough to ALL dress up. Looking forward to hearing more about your next EA.