Monday, August 5, 2013

Hair ball...Poopie....and our first potty!!!

When I woke up this morning to go get Leland out of bed I noticed there was a small object under the window in our bedroom. It was dark so I couldn’t see what it was. No doubt it could be attributed to our cat, but I still wasn’t sure what it was.

As I climbed back in bed with Leland to nurse I asked Robert to see what it was. As soon as I asked Leland crawled across the bed - he had to see it too...

ME: Can you see what’s on the floor by the window?
ROBERT: It’s a hairball. I’ll get it.
LELAND: It’s poopies.
ME: No. It’s just a hairball.
LELAND. It’s poopies.

Ahh....boys! :)

And. While we’re talking about the subject. Leland has used the potty three times (just peed) in the past week at his request. He has been asking to sit on the potty for a while now and we usually let him, but he did not really seem to understand what he was supposed to be doing while on the potty. And then finally - last Saturday (July 27) - he did it!

We’re not in full fledged potty training mode, but I guess he is getting to where he is about ready. The real question though is, am I ready?

No comments: