We are officially under contract!!! The bank signed off on our offer yesterday– after about a two week wait. We are still not out of the woods.
The first hurdle we need to overcome is the appraisal. We put in a high offer – really high, as is $15K + over asking and about $30K - $40K over what we are hoping / expecting the house to apprise for. We are working diligently to get the appraisal back before the end of our due diligence period (the time period during which we can get out of the contract without penalty). We are hoping to have the appraisal back by next Friday, July 20. Our due diligence runs on Monday, July 23. I will keep you posted.
The second hurdle is finding Robert a job. He is still getting his teaching salary through September, but if he does not get a new job – near our new house – we may not be able to afford the house and the bank may not approve the loan. He has been on two interviews recently. And today he got a call back for a follow up interview on Monday. It’s for a job in a finance department at a local university. Our impression is that he is the only one being called back, as it is a lunch with all the members of the department. We think they are looking to see if he will be a good fit with the people he would be working with. I am so proud of him and am praying that he gets the job.
I have to say that this house is amazing. It so much more than I could have ever hoped for, ever! But it just feels so right. I have so much faith that God’s hand is on this and He is guiding us. His timing is perfect and all things are possible through Him. I know that if we get this house it is only by God’s faithfulness and grace because we are so unworthy of such an incredible blessing.
Oh….and I am working on his one year post and his first birthday party post…stay tuned!
1 comment:
Yay!! That is a beautiful house. I hope it all works out. Keep us posted.
Post a Comment