We celebrated Leland’s first birthday a few weeks ago with a small group of family and very close friends. We kept the guest list small, but still had over thirty people come celebrate our little one. I planned to have people both inside and outside the house, but we had a heat wave, recording the highest temperature in history on that day. The high temperature (in the shade) was 104 degrees – in the sun it was about 120 degrees!
We had a Curious George themed party. I used red and yellow to decorate. Leland had a cute personalized monkey t-shirt. We gave Curious George books as party favors to the kids. And we had a really great Curious George cake. We grilled brats and hotdogs and had a picnic themed menu. A special thanks to Robert’s Mema for making salads and to his Aunt Carol for her yummy peas and corn – and for taking these great photos.
Leland did amazing at the party. I had braced myself for him being clingy and overwhelmed, but he wasn’t AT ALL. Rather, he was the life of the party. He was passed from person to person, and when he wasn’t being held and loved on he was crawling around the house, playing with the bigger kids, and just hamming it up for everyone. I was so proud of him. Honestly, I couldn’t keep up with him most of the party – he was too busy socializing.
And now for a photo overload:















3 comments:
I love the theme! It is a great way to keep things simple and yet really cute at the same time. It sounds like things went well.
Looks like a great party! He's such a cute little guy!
Looks like a perfect day! And he is getting SO handsome!
Post a Comment