We found out yesterday afternoon that we did not get the
house. We were outbid by another offer. We placed the offer last week for the
full list price. Then on Saturday the seller’s agent came back asking for our “Best
and Highest” offer because there were two offers that had come in on the house.
We upped our offer to about $5,000 over asking price, confident that it should
do the trick. But we lost the house.
I am trying to focus on God’s plan for us, knowing that God
will provide a solution and hopefully a house – the right house for us. I also
know that while it is not likely, the other offer could always fall through.
God has perfect timing and I am trying to simply trust in His promises. That said
- it is hard. Commuting an hour each way is getting old. I am exhausted and I
just keep thinking that I don’t know how long I can keep doing this. Sometimes
I think that maybe the answer is finding a job closer, rather than moving. I
have even seen job postings in my field near my house. But every time I think
about this option or pray about this option I get the same answer – that I am
suppose to stay in my current job. Plus I love my job. So surely God has a plan
to do away with my commute soon, right?
3 comments:
oh, i'm so sorry : (
In this economy, i think there is a sizeable chance the other offer will fall through. i know i shouldn't hope for something like that...but I hope that one way or another, you find a home that is closer and easier and that you love...soon.
Mo
I'm sorry! Praying God will give you direction.
So sorry to hear this! We bid on one house when we were looking to buy, and our offer was rejected. We didn't really like anything else in that town, so we switched towns and bid on a house somewhere else. The first house had more land & more bedrooms (for the same price), but I am so glad we ended up in the town we did! I know your situation will work out too.
Post a Comment