Thursday, August 18, 2016

First Day of School

My crew started school earlier this month. They are all at our local Montessori School where Leland has been going since he was 18 months old.


Leland is in his third and final year of the Primary Program. And the girls are just starting the Toddler Program. I have been so excited for them to start because I know how much Leland loves school and how quickly he learned and developed after starting the Toddler Program. 


Lizzy, our au pair, gave the girls "Schultüte" - it's a German tradition to give this paper cone filled with school supplies to a child on his or her very first day of school, which in Germany occurs at 6 years old. 






Drop off on the first day was mostly smooth as Robert was able to walk them to the door. The following week brought a few teary drop offs, but after a week the girls were happily walking themselves in, hand-and-hand with one of their teachers.


Leland has been such a proud big brother, excited that his sisters are attending "his" school too. He said to me over the weekend that he wished he could be in their class with them. When I asked why, he said "so I can help them." Sweetest big brother ever! 

1 comment:

Deborah said...

It's so nice that you have a school you are so happy with! It looks wonderful. And it sounds like you have a great nanny, too.