Sunday, May 8, 2016

I went to church today...

We attend church every Sunday unless we are out of town or really sick. I would estimate that we miss no more than 6-8 Sundays a year.

But I haven't been to church on Mother's Day in over a decade.

Before Leland, we would traveled to see Robert's great-granny for Mother's Day. And then for the past four years we have spent the weekend in Chattanooga. But we had a bit of a change of plans in regards to our Chattanooga trip this year. And here I am home and headed to church on Mother's Day.

Interesting I found myself quite anxious today, though the day proved rather (nicely) uneventful. I hadn't really meant to avoid church on this day for so long, it just sort of happened. And as it happened I felt strange and anxious being in church today. It's a wonder how all of this infertility stuff just seems to dig in and stick with us.

Thinking of you all today - those with blessings to celebrate, those still waiting, those who mourn the loss of a mother or child(ren). May God hold you in His arms today and grant you peace.

1 comment:

Malia said...

I hear you about the pain of being infertile on Mother's day. For us, at least, we now have those who call us "mama" :)