Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Since the last time we met...

Wow. I've become one of those "never blogs" bloggers. Life is full and busy. Since I last checked in:

Halloween was a blast. Leland was a ninja and the girls were Cabbage Patch Kids.





We celebrated Thanksgiving with Robert's family on the farm. The girls got to meet their great-great-grandmother. It was a warm and beautiful day full of lots of play time with cousins.



The first week of December we went on a cruise to Mexico, Belize and Honduras. The highlight of the trip was getting to spend the day with my cousin who serves as a medical missionary in Honduras and getting to meet her new husband who she married in April.




We celebrated the girls first birthday in December. They loved their chocolate cupcakes. Admittedly, though, reaching the year mark did trigger a lot of emotions of our very difficult 21 day NICU stay. I am surprised at times just how much the treated NAIT pregnancy and their NICU time continues to affect me.




Christmas was lovely. I know the girls already had their first Christmas, but last Christmas didn't really feel like Christmas. I referred to Christmas this year as their "first Christmas home".




The first weekend in January we had a first birthday party with friends and family. We had a Winter ONEderland theme.



We've been for a one year check up. Charlotte weighed in at 16 pounds and is 26.6 inches. Elizabeth weighed in at 17 pounds, 1.5 ounces. She too is 26.6 inches, though we think she is actually taller than Charlotte. I call them my "little peanuts" because they are so small. Thankfully, our doctor's view continues to be "small, but healthy."

Charlotte has finally started crawling. She had fallen very behind with her gross motor skills (not really even sitting on her own at 11 months). After a several month wait we finally were able to see a physical therapist in, starting then end of November. Therapy has gone great and two weeks ago Charlotte started crawling!

Sadly this month we laid to rest the girls great-great-grandmother. Granny was a special lady who welcomed me with open arms to her family many years ago. She was 97 years old. I was blessed to have known her and happy that she got to love on the girls at Thanksgiving and Christmas this year.

At the moment, life is just life - with all the commotion, stress, and wonderfulness that comes with three little ones and working full-time. Leland has an ear infection; Elizabeth a stomach virus; and all three have battled pink eye this week. It's an adventure.

And tomorrow, we finalize the girls adoption in court. More on that (hopefully) later...

2 comments:

Deborah said...

So glad to read all these (mostly) happy updates! The Cabbage Patch costumes are really cute! And I know how you feel about the NICU anniversary. I've been dealing with those feelings this month, too. Also, it's so nice that the girls got to meet their great-great-grandmother before she died.

Ashley said...

Love the Cabbage Patch wigs!! And a cruise- how fun!!