Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Life in Bullet Points

I've been busy lately. Mostly good things. I thought I would do an update in bullet points:

  • Leland had has 2 1/2 year check up. He is about 33 pounds (50%) and 36 inches (30%) though for being on a higher weight percentile than height he looks rather skinny to me. The only thing I was concerned about at the visit is that he still has one tooth that has not come in - he only has three of the four lower front teeth and I am starting to wonder if the last one will even come in or not. Interestingly, I only have three teeth of my front lower teeth (after having one surgically removed as a teen).
  • I've ordered my medication for our upcoming cycle. The total is $461.34. Insurance paid for a portion of a few of the medications. The first batch will arrive April 1st. The PIO will ship in early May. 
  • Leland moved up from his toddler class at the Montessori School to the primary class. For some reason this move hit me much harder than his first day in the toddler class - or even his first day of daycare. I think it marks the end of his infancy. 
  • Leland also moved from his toddler bed (crib without the side) to a full sized bed. He loves it and I love that I can lay with him to read books, rub his back, and maybe even nap together!
  • Potty training is going well. Lately he has 4-5 accidents per WEEK! And he is doing great with taking his own pants on and off so when accidents do happen he is proactive in changing himself. 
  • Lately grieving my dad has been extra hard. I think it may have some to do with Easter (my favorite holiday) coming up soon. Also, I was really missing him this weekend when Mercer (my law school) played Tennessee on Sunday AFTER MERCER BEATING DUKE! My dad was a huge Tennessee fan and it would have been a really fun game to watch together. 
  • Making grieving my dad even harder is that my mom is back in Florida. I live in our hometown, but my parents had moved to Florida when I was a freshman in college. They only came back to Georgia a year before my dad died so that they could live with us while my mom cared for my dad. She still has a house and a job in Florida. She's down there "temporarily" until she makes a decision about where she goes from here (a decision I recognize has to be really, really hard). But, she may decide to stay in Florida indefinitely. I'm really missing her lately and I'm realizing just how hard it was to have her so far away for so long - she missed so much of my young adulthood and recognizing that is hard too.  
  • I'm still working to assemble my team of doctors for when/if I get pregnant. It hit me today that I've spent so much time meeting doctors and discussing "when" I am pregnant that I sometimes forget this it really is "if" I get pregnant. I've met with two obstetricians and three perinatologists - and I've narrowed it down to one of each who are both in the same practice. Tomorrow I meet with a hematologist / oncologist and if I like him I think my "team" will be complete. Well ... I may eventually need a neonatologist, but that can wait.  
So those are the main highlights. I also stay busy with lots, and lots at work. Serving on the board of trustees - and as PTO president - at Leland's school. Working with middle school youth at church. I am however working to limit things in the hopes of an upcoming pregnancy! 

Prayers for all of you who are waiting on betas! 

2 comments:

Malia said...

Yay for the potty training success! :)

Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said...

I just found your blog. I'm so happy to hear you've had a good experience with embryo adoption. Good luck with your upcoming cycle! It is a sibling embryo to your older child?