Thursday, February 7, 2013

19 Months & First Hair Cut

Sunday marked 19 months for Leland. He continues to delight and entertain us. He talks more every day. Just this morning he started saying "Yes please" and "More please". So cute! He loves to read and he love to eat. His favorite foods are fruit, cheese, and olives.


Helping with laundry

Leland is wearing mostly 18 month clothes, but has started wearing some 24 month clothes. He wears 5.5 shoes and size 4 diapers. We still nurse several times a day - usually 4-6 times per day (sometimes more on weekends).


Out for a ride

Leland's big milestones this month have been mastering the use of a real fork and working on four new molars. After no new teeth in almost 5 months I think we are ready. His top two molars are really cutting through, but the bottom ones are just causing the gums to be inflamed.


Lazy PJ Day

And the biggest change....Leland had his first haircut yesterday at 19 months, 2 days! I managed not to cry, but the night before I did stand over his crib for quite a while, running my fingers though his long, soft baby hair. We just trimmed up the back, at the ears and neck. We left the top long and untouched.

Before

First Snip

Very Serious!

After

4 comments:

twondra said...

Thank you so much for following my blog!! I'm so thankful for your support!

I'm so happy for you with your son through embryo adoption. It's such an amazing miracle!

I'm so excited to follow you!

Love the pictures of the haircut. :) Too cute!!

Aaron and Jennifer said...

Abel has already had so many haircuts that I have lost count! Poor little guy has cowlicks and one is really bad in the front, so we have been trying to keep his hair trimmed since he was around 8 months old. The only way I can make his hair look decent is to cut it really short and use gel to spike it up. He is going to hate his hair one day...lol! Poor kid.

Jen said...

Matthew just had his first haircut too. I was super emotional about it. Glad you both survived!

Lori said...

Hi from ICLW. Your son is beautiful. Congratultions and Happy Belated Valentines Day!