I have a confession. I gained a lot of weight during my pregnancy. I mean a lot! I keep telling myself that it is not really all my fault. First, I blame the hormones during the transfer protocol (I gained 9 lbs during that time). Next, I blame my thyroid. I spent more than half of the pregnancy with low thyroid levels. We kept upping my Sy.nthroid levels, but it kept getting off. During a time in which we discovered that my thyroid was particularly low I was packing on several pounds a week. For the last month - when we finally had my thyroid regulated a gained barely any weight. Finally, I blame the horrible swelling.
So, here is the breakdown. Pre-transfer weight = 152. Pre-pregnancy weight = 160. End of pregnancy weight = 200. A final weight gain of 48 lbs or a 32% increase in my body wight.
The upside is, I am actually making progress losing the weight. In the first 12 days I lost 23 lbs (mostly water I assume). Then I got on the scale at my doctor's office at five weeks and I had not lost anymore weight. That was discouraging. But I am determined to track my weight and get it off. So bring in the Wii Fit. I dreaded getting on it, knowing I would have to watch my little character swell up to represent my now larger size. Having avoided the Wii Fit since before the transfer, I was not looking forward to being interrogated by a video game as to why I had gained so much weight and failed to meet my prior weight loss goal. I braved it and got on yesterday. It my surprise, I have lost 5 lbs more.
So, today I weigh 172 lbs. 12 lbs more than my pre-pregnancy weight and 20 lbs more than my pre-transfer weight.
No comments:
Post a Comment