Monday, September 28, 2015

NEDC 500 Babies Celebration

We attended the 500 babies celebration this weekend. I had gone back and forth about making the trip with our crew (the 3.5 hour trip took 7.5 hours with stops), but I knew I would regret it if I missed it.

Pulling into the parking lot on Saturday morning I nearly burst into tears. I was overwhelmed with the emotions of being back in Knoxville where I first met my babies and with the reality of finally meeting so many others who have walked this journey with us.

I saw so many familiar faces and was finally able to hug some amazing, encouraging women. Poor Robert commented that he didn't know anyone, but that didn't stop him from being approached and told that they recognized him. I tried to tell him that it sort of made him a celebrity.


I met new people and made new friends. And I missed those who couldn't make it. Hopefully I will meet some of you one day soon.

After the party a small group of us met at a park for dinner. It was nice to have even more time to visit and connect. We have been so blessed by our donors, by the NEDC, and especially by the community of embryo adoption families.

We rounded out our weekend with a stop by the University of Tennessee (for some TN gear) and a quick trip to Rock City where I had some fun taking pictures of the girls with pumpkins.






1 comment:

Malia said...

I wish we could have made it! Glad you had a blast :)