Sunday, December 16, 2012

Changes

This past week marked the end of many chapters in our life. We have been blessed with new adventures, but that doesn't make goodbyes any less bittersweet.

Leland had been accepted early into a Montessori program. We went in to discuss admission for the fall in their full day two year old program. They typically admit 18 month old children for only a morning program. After meeting Leland they said they thought he was ready for the full day program and offered to let him start in January (he will be 18 months January 3). Because of our cruise next week and the holidays, last Friday was his last day at the daycare he has been at since he was 12 weeks. This is such a great opportunity and we are so proud of his "early admissions" but leaving the security of the tiny church daycare is a huge step.

This past week was my last at my current job. I recently accepted a new job with a law firm. I will still practice juvenile law primarily, but from a different perspective. I still plan to go into my old office a few days after Christmas to wrap up files, but there will be no court hearings,  client meetings, etc.

Because my new job will be more demanding - and will pay more - I also quit my teaching job. I have been teaching at a technical college for the past four years in their paralegal program. I enjoy teaching and the extra money had helped, but with my new job I just won't have the time.

Also because of our job and school change, Friday marked mine and Leland's last lunch date for lunch time nursing. We will be together almost all day everyday for the next two weeks which eases the shock a bit, but come January we will only nurse mornings, evenings, and weekends. Sometimes I cry when I think about it, but I have faith that God had orchestrated this transition perfectly!

Finally.... if all that change isn't enough... as of last Monday, my parents reside in our basement. We have worked tirelessly to finish an approximately 1000 sq ft 2 bedroom apartment in our basement. It is finally complete and they are here.

I have had moments of pure anxiety this week. All of these changes are blessings but still change is scary. I have diligently tried to keep my focus on God and His plan for our lives.

And now...as I typed this on my phone... I am getting a pedicure is preparation for our cruise embarkation tomorrow!

4 comments:

KayBee said...

Enjoy your vacation! Congrats on finally getting your parents in! A major accomplishment!! Also, congrats on the new position. Things are really working out :)

Jen said...

Wow those are a lot of changes all at once. Matthew only nurses 3 times a day, now, and it hasn't adversely affected anything! Good luck with all your changes!

Deborah said...

I was just thinking about you and wondering when your parents were moving in. That is a big change, but it's great you were able to help them in this way. Good luck with all the other changes, too. It's a lot!

Ashley said...

I"m so jealous of your cruise! Hope it's wonderful and you are able to relax.